My adventure started in 2016 when I left my job to take a leap into the visual arts world. I studied Advertising and Graphic Design in Panama City where I am currently working, and I have built a solid background in the field of illustration through experience.
I’m a storyteller, and my artwork portrays either everyday stories or fantastic adventures with humor, empathy and tons of imagination. I like to work mostly with ink on paper, but I also enjoy digital drawing and crafting. My illustrations have been used in digital campaigns, children’s books and art exhibitions.
When it comes to graphic design, branding is my thing, and I enjoy creating visual concepts from scratch to bring my client’s ideas to life. I usually integrate both disciplines (illustration and design) in my projects, to help brands show their “human side” attractively.
When I’m not drawing or designing, I’m offering creative consulting, teaching creativity workshops or doing public speaking at events.
Look Mom I’m famous!
• Coffee Break. Ellas Magazine. La Prensa Newspaper (Spanish).
• The Drawings of El Capitán for Nos Gusta el Mar. Peppersoul Magazine, CO. (Spanish).
• Interview: Social Impact of Illustration. La Fonda del Diseño (Spanish).
• Interview: Gisela Tuñon’s Radio Show at La Exitosa 95.3 FM (Spanish).
Cool clients I’ve rock with
• Illustrations and book cover for “Soy una Ciudad llamada Panamá” (I’m a City called Panama) published by “Biblioteca 500” an institutional project of the City Hall of Panama .
• Visual identity and illustrations for “Imaginando la ciudad” (Imagining the city) art exhibition by MUCPA (Museum of Panama City).
• Visuals for “A lo panameño” (The Panamanian Way) art exhibition by MUCPA (Museum of Panama City).
• Speaker at Aftertalks: Creative Entrepreneurship.
• Speaker at Wordcamp Panama, WordPress: Building your creative identity with WP.
• Speaker at Panama Foreign Affairs Ministry: Children’s Cultural Program for creativity stimulation.
• Creative at Culto Publicidad (Advertising Agency).
• Illustration for “Citadinas sin bambalinas” (Citizens without backstage) published by “Biblioteca 500” an institutional project of the City Hall of Panama.
• Illustrations for digital campaigns: Mipyme Week Cable Onda and others.
• Creative concept, illustrations and mural paintings for Nación de los Niños (Nación Sushi Restaurants).
• Speaker at Fuckup Nights Vol XIV / Macrofest.
• Macrofest Art Collective show.
• “Paper” Solo show at Tántalo Hotel.
• Workshop Speaker: Cambiar el mundo con lápiz y papel (Change the world with pencil and paper).
• Visual identity projects / social media content / small commissions.
• Graphic Design Diploma. CVT Center, Panama City, PA.