Jose Jimenez Vega brings ideas to life through illustration and graphic design. Based in Panama City, he started his creative career in 2016 with a passion project called Nos Gusta el Mar, which later evolved into commercial and publishing projects for clients including: Nacion Sushi, Red Bull Panama, The City Hall of Panama, MUCPA (Panama City Museum) among many others.
His work can be found in children’s books, branding projects, digital campaigns, apparel, murals and other applications. Jose studied graphic design in Panama city and is a self-taught artist who over time, has achieved recognition not only for his multidisciplinary creative skills, but his sense of commitment with every project.
When he is not drawing, he participates in art shows, teaches creative workshops, and attends public events as a speaker, where he shares his experiences as a freelance artist.
• Isaac Rabin School: The Creative Process through illustration. Educational speech for 6th grade students.
• Aftertalks: Cretive Entrepreneurship.
• Wordcamp Panamá: Building your creative identity in WordPress.
• Foreign Relations Ministry: Children’s Cultural Program for creative stimulation.
• Ciudad Panamá 500: Book launch “Soy una ciudad llamada Panamá. Biblioteca 500 Project.
• Fuckup Nights Vol. XIV: Art & Fashion Special Edition.
• Creativity Workshop: Changing the World with pencil & paper. La Fonda del Diseño.
• America’s Logos: Art Collective of Latinamerican graphic culture. Palazzo Hamsa Mill Art Gallery. Balzan, Malta.
• Brava Display: Virtual Art Exhibition on Brava Pizza screens. Locations: Town Center, Multiplaza and Altaplaza.
• Open Studio: Virtual exhibition of best artworks between 2016-2019. Sneak peek
• Imagining the city: Retrospective of Panamanian Cinema. MUCPA Panama City Museum.
• Macrofest: Artist Collective.
• Papel Solo Show: Tántalo Hotel.